Students should seek academic advising with the relevant Global University advisor:
• Advising is specifically for courses i.e. student should talk to his/her advisor regarding the courses that should be taken in the next semester before or during the courses reservation-registration period.
• Students can also seek advice from advisor on planning courses from start till graduation.
The process of courses reservation-registration is as follows:
1- Student selects courses through the portal
2- Student locks the reserved courses
3- Student goes to the registrar office for official courses registration ( before registration deadline)
4- Advisor might drop students from courses if they do not meet the course requirements.
5- Student should check his/her schedule on regular basis during the drop and add period.
National Program for Academic Scholarships
Newly Enrolled Students:
• For BACC II students covering up to 80 % off university tuition based on:
o BACC II / BT3 official scores
o School Grades - last 3 years
• Covering up to 80 % off university tuition based on:
o Minimum 15 completed credits in the Fall / Spring semesters (12 Non Remedial Credits)
o Minimum 18 completed credits in the Spring and Summer semesters (15 Non Remedial Credits)
o No WF, or F grades reported in any of the courses
o Minimum semester average of 80 %
o No behavioral, misconduct or social warnings
Academic Loan Program
• Covers up to 50 % tuition Interest Free (Contact Registrar office for more details and loan application)
• Based on budget availability and social needs
A student is put on the Dean's Honor List in a given semester if he/she meets the below criteria:
• The student should be carrying at least 12 (non-remedial) credits in a Fall/Spring semester.
• The student should not be on probation.
• The student have passed all courses and attained a semester average of 85 or be ranked in the top 10% of the class and have a semester average of 80.
• The student should not have been subjected to any disciplinary action during the semester.
• The student should be deemed worthy by the dean to be on the Honor List.
• Students are responsible for satisfying all academic course requirements as explained by the Instructor.
• Class attendance is mandatory.
• Students should not attend classes unless they are officially registered.
• Absences count from the first class meeting.
• If the total absence hours (excused and unexcused) of a student exceed 1/3 of total course hours, he/she will be withdrawn from the course and will receive a "W" grade in that course.
• If the unexcused absence hours of a student exceed 1/6 of total course hours, he/she will be withdrawn from the course and will receive a "W" grade in that course. (W: Withdrawal).
• In general, acceptable reasons for absence from class include illness, serious family emergencies, etc…
• In case a student presents a false excuse/report (or shows outrageous misbehavior), he/she will receive a Dean's Warning this warning will appear on the student's transcript).
a. A course passing grade is 60%. Any student who takes less than 60% on any course will fail the course.
b. A student is advised to repeat any failed course the next time it is offered.
c. Any course can be repeated for a maximum of three times.
d. The Cumulative Average shall be calculated at the end of each semester. The Cumulative Average is defined as the weighted average of all sophomore and above courses taken till date, with the weights being the courses credit values.
e. The courses of the following categories will not be counted towards the student cumulative average:
1. Remedial Courses.
2. Courses with letter grades: I, W, P, WF, TR, PR.
f. A grade "I" for any course (Including Senior Project) can be assigned for at most two consecutive semesters. The grade will be automatically set to "WF" at the end of the second semester if no grade was submitted.
g. The first evaluation will be when a student takes at least 12 credits of sophomore courses or starting his/her third semester whichever comes first.
h. The succeeding evaluation periods will be on a semester by semester basis.
i. At the end of each evaluation period, a student will be placed on "Probation" in any of the following cases:
1. If the student gets a Semester Average less than 60%, he/she will be put on "Probation" status.
2. If the student's gets a Cumulative Average less than 70%, he/she will be put on "Probation on Cumulative Average" status.
j. To Remove the Probation, a student shall raise his/her Cumulative Average above 70%.
k. Any student who fails to remove his/her "Probation" Status for two consecutive evaluation periods (i.e., if he/she stays in "Probation" Status for three consecutive times) will be put on "Dismissed From Major" status.
l. A student can stay in a "Dismissed From Major" status for a maximum of three consecutive semesters. Otherwise the student will be automatically Dismissed from the University.
* I = Incomplete, W = Withdraw, F = Fail, P = Pass, WF = Withdraw-Fail, PR = In Progress, TR=Transfer.
All active students can benefit from using the on-campus computer labs. They, in return, are granted the following:
• a majority of computer software and applications
• personal storage
• electronic library
• access to high speed internet
• wireless internet connection
Every student has a unique university e-mail address that can be accessed through Google mail.
Through the portal, students can access their account on the Student Information System. They can manage the financial and academic matters clearly.
The printing center provides rapid and professional services to print, scan and photocopy students' documents. Moreover, they can collect copies of academic lectures, handouts and books - and other services.
The eLibrary provides access to all electronic resources, including ejournals, available to Global University staff and students.
• The E-Library
For additional information, contact the IT Department.
Global University has established various student clubs and extracurricular activities that enrich student life, strengthening and refining student personality and character an essential factor for Global University Students.
• Football Club
• Moy Tai Boxing Club
• Basketball Club
• Table tennis Club
• Chess Club
Global University Team has achieved primary positions and championships.
• The social clubs play a key role in student public interaction; Global University health sciences students have launched public health clubs serving the community through vaccination campaigns and other public health awareness and activities through cooperation programs with the local and international health organizations.
• The outdoors club play a key role in introducing Global University students to the Lebanese various outdoor activities such as mountain hiking, horseback riding , skiing , team building games, trips and many others.
Please be informed that all GU students on campus are required to adhere to proper attire. Therefore the following rules should be observed:
• All bottom parts (pants, skirts, dresses) should be passed the knees.
• All top parts should cover the chest area
• No undergarments are to be visible.